Hi Ted,

I think you are confusing an authToken with a developer token. To
clarify,

- Developer token is the token that you get when you apply for AdWords
API access. It uniquely identifies the developer and tracks your API
unit usage. You can find it in your MCC account under My Account-
>AdWords API Center. This token does not expire, and the only reason
why you might reset this token is if you shared it with someone by
mistake (e.g. posting a non-sanitized SOAP log on a public forum).
- AuthToken is a authorization token you programmatically generate
from the ClientLogin API (http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/
AuthForInstalledApps.html) using your email and password. This token
expires in roughly 2 weeks (or if the server invalidates the token for
some reason). You can generate a new one by making a call to the
ClientLogin endpoint. If your application uses a client library, it
provides an AuthToken class which you can use to generate a new
authToken. If you are not using a client library, you can make a call
to the ClientLogin server as described in the link above, or simply
copy the class from a client library. E.g. The PHP implementation is
at
http://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-php/source/browse/trunk/src/Google/Api/Ads/Common/Util/AuthToken.php.

More details about authToken can be found at
http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2010/07/discover-v2009-working-with-authtokens.html.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.