I log click data on my ads in a database with campaign, adgroup, keyword
data. For a while I have attempted to match keywords costs from a keyword
report, by taking an average cost for that phrase for the day and entering
where the campaign, adgroup and keyword are the same.

This all seems a bit fuzzy and not very accurate for several reasons. One is
the inexact cost per keyword and the fact that the match may be either too
loose or too tight, and the other is of course that I will not be as good as
Google at filtering out spurious clicks in my own database. So when I apply
aggregated cost I can end up applying it also to clicks that are not
clicked.

I wondered what approach others have used to tighten this up. I cant use
analytics for several reasons.

I use php, but it is more the approach that I am interested in. I am just
about to re-write a lot of my app and wondered what others do?

Thanks