I'm curious as to whether those who have been affected by this process
received any of the email audit notifications that the Google AdWords
API auditing people have been sending out overthe past 4-6 weeks..??
Those messages referred to the pages that Eric mentioned to provide
information on the nature of your AdWords API usage.  I'm not trying
to defend how they've handled this - I've been having a tough time
filling those forms because they seem to make some assumptions about
the types of api applications that exist.  I think there is also a
problem in that they sent the emails (every couple of weeks, actually)
to the email address of the person that handles the API bills.  It
seems to me that they should have  a setup similar to that of WHOIS
for DNS registrations, so that there can be both administrative and
technical contacts associated with an API key.  You all might want to
check and see what email they have that is associated with your API
key, since that's what they seem to be using for their communicades.
fyi
-reed