Eric,

As with a few other posters in the forums (like
http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/8231810ee6da107a#),
the problem turned out to be related to "missing" predicates for
AdGroupStatus, CampaignStatus and Status on the AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.
Once I added those additional predicates, I was able to once again get
the historic reporting data for campaigns that had been recently
paused.

For what it's worth, there was definitely some sort of change with the
API on or about January 25th that changed the way that the API was
working for the reports. Before that day, we didn't have the
predicates in the XML but we were still getting the historical data,
but after that date, we had to change the XML to include the predicate
to get the historical data.

In any case, it's working now, and we've reloaded the correct data, so
we're content to move on. If you still want to investigate further,
please let me know and I can get you more specifics (CID, Token,
etc.).

Thanks,
Chris