Hi Dan,

I could provide you the necessary links, but as Jeff mentioned 3 years
back, I cannot comment on AdWords API Terms and Conditions or whether your
application is compliant to the terms and conditions.

1. The functionality you are looking for is available through
TargetingIdeaService. See
http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/reference/latest/TargetingIdeaService.html
 for
details.
2. AdWords API is a paid API. See
http://support.google.com/adwordsapi/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37445 for
details. The rate sheet talks about the costs of various API calls. See
http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/ratesheet.html for details.
3. Some customers qualify for a certain amount of free units. If you are an
Advertiser, see
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45891 for
details on whether you qualify for free units. If you are an Agency, you
could apply for our Preferred Pricing program. Details here:
http://www.google.com/adwords/api/preferredpricing/
4. The latest AdWords API Terms and Conditions are available here:
http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/terms.html. The required minimum
functionality document mentioned in the Terms and Conditions is available
here: http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/requirements.html

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.