Hi Hugh,

I understand, I think we had this discussion about ASP and AdWords API a
couple of years back. I'd probably start by building a webservice that can
make the API calls (written in in PHP or .NET) and then modify the site to
call the intermediate web service. That way you can use a client library
without investing to rewrite the whole site in another language. Of course,
it will be slightly slower than the existing solution due to the additional
hop, that's something you can weigh against the effort to rewrite the whole
site.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.