Hi,

1. Most of the get requests currentlyonly cost 1 unit per
call<http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/ratesheet.html>,
so for example, if you download 10 campaigns, adgroups, keywords, or ads,
it will cost you 10 units. If you need to download a large number of items
in one go, then you can try using a
MutateJob<http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/guides/bulkjobs.html>,
which is slower but reduces the API unit charges.

 2. If you use the report service then you will need to write code to
populate the objects available in the client libraries; there's currently
no features available in the libraries to do it for you, but it would be a
useful addition.

 3. You're likely to need to use more than one report to get all the data
you need; even if you use get requests you would need to make more than one
call. There's also some fields not available in reports. They work best as
a way to quickly download a large amount of data to populate a database;
many databases have bulk load features that can import flat files like
csv's very fast. I usually download data into MySQL, then use some form of
ORM library to work with the objects themselves.

Regards,

Ewan