Same problem here.
I wonder how can we test our apps before pushing it live .
I have no problem in getting fake / scrambled data .....but getting nothing
or an error is a different thing.
All of us are  developing in the sandbox in the first place.
Off course we now have big delays in delivery and the client is
not blaming "mighty" Google team is just blaming the developer.
So i assume will be a fair thing to do to place a big banner on adwords
page saying something like "sandbox is currently dead ...we will probably
fix it in the next 365 days"
Thank you.