Hi Kelly,

If you get a RateExceededError from sandbox, you need to handle it just
like the way you would handle in production - wait for retryAfterSeconds
and then try again. Since sandbox is not designed for load testing, you
will get RateExceededError more frequently in sandbox than in production.
but if you are getting it very frequently, you might want to take another
look at your application design. If you need to do that, please share
additional details on this thread and I'll help you out.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.