Hello Orange,

You do not need an approved token to access test accounts so either way
will work.

Provided your client will not want to share authentication details, I
suggest creating a personal account. You can specify "for Test account
only" in the token request to clarify you are not looking for an approved
token.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.