Thanks Kevin

If it were toggleable it would be very easy to confirm what we speculate:
the slowest part of the uploading process is the network transmission. We
didn't do any serious testing of this put since XML is so verbose, it
sounds reasonable.

In my opinion, gzip should be default because I think that most people that
use the API want to upload big batches of keywords. Otherwise they would
use the simpler web interface.

Thanks!
Emmanuel