On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 09:43:11 UTC, Stamatina Thomaidou wrote:

> Chris thank you a lot for your answer but I do not think that answers to
> our speculation. Maybe I didn't explain correctly the issue. :(
>
> The problem is that the returning value of ClientCustomerId of the Client
> that gave us access through the OAuth 2.0 is *null*.
> Shouldn't the OAuth 2.0 authorization process provide us with the
> ClientCustomerId of the client that wanted to give us access to his data?
> Of course in a previous step we have already linked his account to our
> central MCC. The OAuth 2.0 isn't supposed to provide us with the
> ClientCustomerId or should we ask the client to fill a form field using
> explicitly his ClientCustomerId?

I may have misread this, but oauth2 won't give you the client id, you need
to obtain that separately.

When you authenticate with oauth2 you get 2 tokens - an access token and a
refresh one. You can effectively forget the former as it is regenerated
using the latter. These tokens can be obtained when logging in as any
account - so you can get them for the mcc account or you can get them
individually for each client account.

If you obtained the authenticated and got the tokens as the MCC user, you
to access any of the client accounts, but to do so you will need to specify
the client id when you create an adwords session. If you don't specify the
client ID, it will connect to the MCC and you will be limited to querying
account details only. Use
AdWordsSession.Builder().withClientCustomerId(xxx)..... To do this, use the
oauth example but set the client ID to your MCC client ID.

If you obtained the tokens from a client for a specific client account you
can only access that account and won't need to specify the client ID. I
suspect if this is the case, the api doesn't return the client ID as it
fixed??

John