Hello Billy,

You can choose any language you want. I strongly recommend to use one of
the client
libraries<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/clientlibraries>
.
It allows you easily make requests without care about underlying soap
protocol.

As for the account level budget, currently we only have
BudgetOrderService<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/BudgetOrderService>
query account's monthly budget.
(Note: that is whitelist basis Service)

Using CampaignService, you can query campaign level budgets.

As for the date spend, you can use AdHoc
reports<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports> (e.g.
Account performance report) looking at the cost column.

Best,
- Takeshi