I am in a similar situation to Joey's.  I took your advice and tried to
follow the web server flow.

However, it doesn't appear that the AdWords API is supported.  I
experimented with different "scope" parameter values and all were invalid.

Could you please 1) confirm that it is possible to use the web server flow
for AdWords; 2) if so, advise the appropriate "scope" parameter value for
the URL?

Thanks,
Becky