Hi Keith,

400 error means the request is going through, but there is something wrong
with the request itself. You need to read the response body (even if you
get 400) to get the details of the error message. Or you can set a proxy to
your HTTPS Connection, try using Fiddler2. There's a wiki available
at
https://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-dotnet/wiki/HowToCaptureSoapMessages

that talks about this in some detail. It's written keeping the .NET library
in mind, but configuring Fiddler2 for troubleshooting the script is
relatively straightforward. Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
Anash