Hi,

Once API costs are charged at a rate of US$0.25 per 1000 API units (please
see https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/ratesheet).
But now it has been changed for new API pricing (please see
http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.jp/2013/01/new-simplified-adwords-api-pricing.html
).
So the "Monthly API Budget" is not used.

As for the email, I'm not sure what the relationship between you and your
developers, but please fill in with the valid email address you can
monitor.
Sometimes we send an announcement, reminder etc to that mail address.

Best,
- Takeshi