Hi,

Looks like the error happens because your developer token is in a test MCC
account, we don't support that configuration. Test MCCs are meant to test
ManagedCustomerService related calls or to manage a hierarchy of test
Adverttiser accounts.

Please use your production developer token and test MCC credentials to make
calls to test account. If you don't have a production developer token, you
should sign up for one from a non-test MCC account.

We will update the documentation to make this more clear.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.