Hi Dev,

To obtain access to the API, you create an MCC account which manages
AdWords accounts. No data is lost, there is no conversion between an
AdWords account and an AdWords API account.

If you create a new account, then it will have separate history. However,
from an MCC you're able to access all attached accounts history.

Please see the signup
process<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/signingup>for more
information.

Regards,