Hi Meerah,

All requests to the AdWords API must contain two prerequisites:

   - Authorization credentials
   - Application Identifier (Developer Token)

The authorization credentials can be either OAuth2 credentials or
ClientLogin credentials (we encourage you to use OAuth2). Some of the
credentials that make up OAuth2 authorization are, access_token,
refresh_token, clientId and clientSecret. These credentials provide
authorization to the AdWords API, they're required to grant access rights.

The application identifier is the DeveloperToken, this is the token
assigned to your MCC. It can be retrieved by logging into my client
center<http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/>.
This is required by the AdWords API to associate the requests being made to
an application. Your DeveloperToken needs to be approved before you can
make requests.

The difference between the DeveloperToken and the authorization mechanism
is that your application will always use one developer token, but you may
log in to the API with many different authorization credentials (for
different clients).

For more information on this, please see the signing up
docs<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/signingup>
.

Regards,

- Paul, AdWords API Team.