Hello Mike,

The demo application was recently updated to use v201309, please pull the
new version here:

  https://github.com/googleads/google-api-ads-ruby

Also, make sure you've upgraded to the latest library version that supports
v201309.

Stats are no longer available in services, please use reporting instead.
Stats are still available in v201306 services until is sunsets.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.