Hi,

you should check the ManagedCustomerService. You just have to request for
the fields "login", "customerId" or "Name" and perform a simple "get"
operation. If you create your own standalone application which simply
checks your desired customers you can perform those checks in a cronjob
every day/hour/whatever.

Best Regards
Bastian Kanbach