Using the PHP Lib, there is the ReportUtils.php class(es).  The way the
example scripts work for reporting is that your report is downloaded to a
file on your computer.  The file is pre-formatted sort of like this:

Report Title Blah Blah StartDate - End Date
CSV column description
data rows (csv style)
data rows (csv style)
data rows (csv style)
data rows (csv style)
Totals --- --- --- --

I've been glancing through the code and there isn't any sort of option to
just download the data directly as an array or json or whatever.  Why is
this?  Every other aspect of the library fetches data directly to variables
and class structures.  Why do the reports require you to download a file to
your filesystem that you need to turn around and parse?  Looking at the
above file, I just want the data.  I don't want the Title line or columns
descriptions or totals at the bottom.  I just want the data.

Right now I am simply downloading the file, then reading it in and parsing
it and then deleting the file.  But it would be nice if downloading this
data was more consistent with the rest of the PHP Lib.

Any thoughts or explanations on why this is?