I am trying to do the following with the Adwords API and I am wondering if
there is a way to do this properly.

I want to have two different people create competing ad groups, keywords,
bids and ads without seeing the other persons work (adgroups, etc.).. and
run them against each other as an experiment in adwords.

So basically, they will both be running experimental ad groups within the
same campaign as experiments. How will Google choose which query triggers
which version (the control or experiment)? and what happens when they have
some overlapping keywords? How does adwords map the query to the experiment
or control, and what metrics would I look at to choose a winner?

thanks,

David