*We are on the .Net 201309 api version*

Due to some prior api integration issues, we now have several Feeds all
with PlaceholderType Sitelink, all containing many Sitelink FeedItems.
 There is now a lot of guess-work involved and it is very difficult to
determine under which Feed to Create/Update/Delete sitelinks and to which
Feed to tie a Campaign via a CampaignFeed object.  What we would like to do
is:

-Move ALL Sitelink FeedItems to one master Sitelink Feed (we would prefer
to move them rather than drop/re-create as we don't want to lose existing
reporting data).
-Re-point all CampaignFeed/AdGroupFeed objects to this one Feed (or just
drop/re-create as I don't believe this would affect any reporting).
-Delete the existing Feed objects that now have 0 Sitelink Feed Items.

I tried to move a Sitelink FeedItem to a different feed via the following
code snippet:

feedItem.FeedId = ID_OF_MASTER_FEED_HERE;
var result = feedItemService.mutate(new[]
                                                    {
                                                        new
FeedItemOperation
                                                            {
                                                                operand =
feedItem,
                                                                @operator =
Operator.SET
                                                            }
                                                    });

but the api throws an ITEM NOT FOUND error which tells me that it's
checking that the FeedItem is under the supplied FeedId.  Is it possible to
move FeedItems around in this fashion and Is there a way to perform this
using the api's?