Hi Becky,

AdWords reporting does not support top N queries, but for that use case I
recommend:

   1. Make sure you are requesting the GZIPPED_CSV (or GZIPPED_XML) format
   to save bandwidth.
   2. Request as few fields as possible, e.g., just CampaignId, AdGroupId,
   Id, Clicks if you are interested in the top 10 keywords.  If you want more
   details on the top 10 you can run a subsequent report that filters by
   criterion Id.
   3. Do not include zero impression rows.  If you want zero impression
   rows for a different purpose you can run a separate report that explicitly
   pulls these rows and uses as few fields as possible (see previous
   recommendation).

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team