Hi Dominic,

If work hours is something that decides how many operators your client has
at a given point, then you could consider using AdSchedules instead. You
can set bid modifiers on them, at campaign level.
See
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201402/CampaignCriterionService.CampaignCriterion#bidModifier

for details.

Cheers,