I'm going to try to explain my issue without expressing how frustrated I am
trying to get this Shopping API working, so here goes...

I am using .Net API. I can create a Shopping campaign and an AdGroup under
that campaign with no problem. I am hitting a brick wall, however, trying
to create a Product Partition tree. I even tried running the .Net sample
code that is downloadable from the library site
(v101406.AddProductPartitionTree). It doesn't even work; throws an
AdGroupCriterionError on the mutate() method.

Under this adGroup, I want to create a simple partition of type Unit
representing one sku that I can bid on. I know I need to create a root
paritition of type Subdivision. I also know I need to create an "Other"
group that will be essentially empty.

I've looked at the slideshare,  the getting started guide, and the C#
samples that come in the .Net client library. I have yet to find a
combination that works. Here's what I have. Hopefully, someone can point
out what I need to do to get this seemingly simple task done...

            AdGroup ag = gag.GetExistingAdGroupFromGoogle(campaignID,
"TestAdGroup10");
            long adGroupId = ag.id;  //not published for security
            ///*create your root subdivision: All Products*/
            ProductPartitionHelper helper = new
ProductPartitionHelper(adGroupId);
            ProductPartition root = helper.CreateSubdivision(null, null);

            /* create an "other" node, what am I missing here?*/
            ProductOfferId poid = new ProductOfferId();
            poid.ProductDimensionType =
ProductDimensionType.OFFER_ID.ToString();
            ProductPartition node2 = helper.CreateUnit(root, poid, 10000,
false);

            try
            {
                // Make the mutate request.
                AdGroupCriterionService adGroupCriterionService =
                    (AdGroupCriterionService)user.GetService(
               AdWordsService.v201406.AdGroupCriterionService);

               AdGroupCriterionReturnValue retval =
adGroupCriterionService.mutate(helper.Operations);

When I run the above code, I don't get an error, but when I go to the My
Client Center UI to examine the results, I get the big red error message at
the top of the page saying this:

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a
change, it may not have saved. Please refresh this page to try again. If
the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and
return to this page."

Clearly, I've done something so horrible that MCC can't even display the
results. But I don't know what it is or how to make it work properly. And
with the August deadline looming, I'm a tad nervous about it (especially
since the .Net sample code Google published doesn't even work).

I need a C# code sample that runs. Can anyone help me? Please?

t, then log in again and return to this page.