Hi Conor,

One common reason for this error is that you don't have the
maximumErrorResponseLength
<https://github.com/googleads/googleads-dotnet-lib/blob/master/src/AdWords/App.config#L119>

key in your App.config. By default, .NET framework truncates an error
response to 64K, which is bad, if the response is an xml - you'd end up
with a malformed xml. Soap error responses > 64K is common in AdWords API.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.