Hi again.
sorry to bother you about it, but i even after writing 3000 lines of code
around adwords API, I still don't understand what to do here.

i'm using python.
latest libraries from github, api v201409.

from plain reading your post, i tried to set this value directly to an
adgroup, using adGroupService

        operation = [{
            'operator': 'SET',
            'operand': {
                'adGroupId': adgroup_id,
                'contentBidCriterionTypeGroup': 'PLACEMENT',
            },
        }],

adGroupId is not recognized here.
id isn't useful as well.

i know how to set a criterion, but that doesn't help me in any way.
i'm at loss - what belongs to what, and where to set
contentBidCriterionTypeGroup.

I can't easily relate the python API to the documentation, it seems to be
written for a different programming langauge.

I'd appreciate an advice to how to approach this.

thank you.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/470c3e9b-91c7-4159-81ea-060a27ed68ba%40googlegroups.com.