Hi,

Among the criteria types you mentioned, only *Proximity* is available for
Network only* or *Search with Display Select* campaigns. The rest are only
valid for *Display Network Only* campaigns. I realize this is a bit
confusing, and I'm actually working on improving our documentation on this
as we speak.

A few more points that may be helpful:

   - The Vertical

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupCriterionService.Vertical>

   type is for targeting *sites* where you want your ads to appear on the
*Display
   Network* by the site's products or services. If you want to target
   *users* by the their interests, you can use CriterionUserInterest

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupCriterionService.CriterionUserInterest>
 criteria.
   Both of these types are limited to *Display Network only* campaigns.
   - On a *Search Network only *or *Display Network only *campaign you can
   target users by user list (*Audience* in the UI) by adding an
   *BiddableAdGroupCriterion* with criterion type CriterionUserList

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupCriterionService.CriterionUserList>.

   This is not available on *Search Network with Display Select* campaigns
   for the reasons I outlined in my previous email.
   - When creating a campaign with advertisingChannelType

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/CampaignService.Campaign#advertisingChannelType>

   = *SEARCH*, what differentiates between a *Search Network only* vs. a
   Network with Display Select* campaign is how you set targetContentNetwork

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/CampaignService.NetworkSetting#targetContentNetwork>
 on
   the campaign's networkSetting

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/CampaignService.Campaign#networkSetting>
   .
      - *false* -> The campaign will be a *Search Network only* campaign
      - *true* -> The campaign will be a *Search Network with Display
      Select* campaign

Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/9071d0ef-baa9-4f7d-8877-744c0e3c3cb9%40googlegroups.com.