You might be misunderstanding me a bit.
1) I understand that if shared budget assigned to campaign is changed
(totally different budget with different budget ID is
assigned) campaignChangeStatus should indicate that.
2) Now what happens if the assigned budget is modified but not changed
entirely (for example, amount field changes)? Will campaignChangeStatus
still change to FIELDS_CHANGED?

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/bac9a1f3-a5c8-4610-a3b6-b63551aa2edc%40googlegroups.com.