Hello Zweitze,

Indeed, nothing has changed. Trying to filter on UNKNOWN is an intentional
error case. I have asked them to change the HTTP code to something more
meaningful, but they have not implemented such a change yet.

No useful results will be in the UNKNOWN status. The "incompatibility with
your WSDL version" does not mean from an older version of the API, but
rather something that doesn't fit into the API framework at all. These are
not meaningful to users. It is there as a precaution only, just in case
something goes wrong. We double-checked the existence of any such items
when you brought up this issue. You needn't worry yourself with the UNKNOWN
status.

I haven't ever seen results being left out because you *didn't* use a
filter. You can still filter on all statuses other than UNKNOWN, but in
practice, filtering on all values should have the same practical effect as
not having a filter at all. If you are able to reliably produce results
that act otherwise, I will gladly forward your findings to the team so they
can investigate and fix the cause of the discrepancy.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/54f9b606-8866-4e1a-a043-83cdfcedb647%40googlegroups.com.