Hi,

Regarding questions 1 and 2, for new shopping campaigns, you can use the
Shopping
Performance Report
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports#shopping> with
the *Date* field included to get product-level performance stats. Please
note that this report will only return rows for products that have actually
shown in impressions, so you won't necessarily get every product back in
that report. For legacy PLA campaigns, you can use the Ad Performance Report
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports#ad> with
the *Date* field and filter for rows where *AdType = PRODUCT_AD*. However,
please see our recent blog post
<http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2015/01/upcoming-removal-of-adwords-legacy-pla.html>
 on
the upcoming removal of legacy PLA objects.

Regarding your bidding questions, since these are not specific to the API,
I'd recommend posting your questions to the AdWords Community
<https://www.en.adwords-community.com/>. The product experts there can give
you insights into how to optimize your shopping campaign bids.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ad5b9734-9542-431b-9113-59f0c7dbe735%40googlegroups.com.