Hi Kristian,

To my knowledge, the only option for read-only MCC access is:

   1. Create an MCC under MCC user A
   2. Link all AdWords accounts to the MCC
   3. Invite another MCC user B to have Read-only access to the MCC

The only problem here is that MCC user A will still have *User interface
and API* access to the MCC. I don't think there's any way to create a
purely read-only MCC, where no user has edit access to the accounts under
the MCC.

Another option would be for *each* AdWords account owner to:

   1. Create a new user that has read-only access to the AdWords account
   2. Using the OAuth web flow (provided by the API developer), generate a
   refresh token for this read-only user
   3. The API developer then stores this refresh token for the account and
   uses it for API calls against the account.

The advantage to this approach is that there's no MCC involved and,
therefore, there's no user that has *User interface and API* access to all
of the accounts.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team