Thank you.

I am trying to do that in a way similar to the bidding process we currently
use but I think I have my object hierarchies mixed up. I'm not quite sure
how to tell the API that I wish to *update* the custom attribute like I do
with the CPC bid - including it within the criterion just seems to use it
as a filter. I'm including an annexed file with one (failed) code example
and one working code I'm currently using for the bid update.

Could anyone shed a light on this? I'd be very grateful - tried out many
differente combinations and nothing worked.

Thanks!

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 1:14:53 PM UTC-3, Anthony Madrigal wrote:

> Hey Pedro,
>
> No worries about the confusion! You should be able to update the value of
> the Custom Attribute
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/AdGroupCriterionService.ProductCustomAttribute#value>
>  using
> the *AdGroupCriterionService *without worrying that anything else will
> change. Just make sure to select the correct type
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/AdGroupCriterionService.ProductCustomAttribute#type>
>  before
> doing so.
>
> Cheers,
> Anthony
> AdWords API Team

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a14cfcf8-4908-49cb-99f0-549aee06b69d%40googlegroups.com.
#CHANGE CUSTOM ATTRIBUTE CODE - NOT WORKING

operation = {
              'xsi_type': 'AdGroupCriterionOperation',
              'operator': 'SET',
              'operand': {
                  'xsi_type': 'BiddableAdGroupCriterion',
                  'adGroupId': item['adGroupId'],
                  'criterion': {
                      'id': item['criterionId'],
                      'type': 'PRODUCT_PARTITION'
                  },
                  'ProductDimension' : {
                        'xsi_type' : 'ProductCustomAttribute',
                        'type' : 'CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE_1',
                        'value' : item['attr']
                                              }
              }
          }

        ad_group_criteria = ad_group_criterion_service.mutate(operation)

#BID PER CUSTOM ATTRIBUTE CODE - WORKING

for i in values:
        operations = {
            'xsi_type': 'AdGroupCriterionOperation',
            'operator': 'SET',
            'operand': {
            'xsi_type': 'BiddableAdGroupCriterion',
            'adGroupId': i['AdGroupId'],
            'criterion': {
                'id': i['CriterionId'],
                'type': 'PRODUCT_PARTITION'
            },
            'biddingStrategyConfiguration': {
                'bids': [
                    {
                        'xsi_type': 'CpcBid',
                        'bid': {
                            'microAmount': i['Bid']
                            }
                    }
                    ]
                }
            }
        }
        operations_array.append(operations)
    policy = {
      'prerequisiteJobIds': []
      }
    ad_group_criteria = ad_group_criterion_service.mutate(operations_array,
policy)