hello,

i thought i just posted a question, but there must have been a glitch as i
dont see it in the forum.  if this topic ends up being a duplicate, i
apologize.

we are developing a tool to assist us in doing (and outsourcing) some
keyword research.  we are basically generating long-tail keywords and need
to test each phrase for overall search volume and adwords competition using
the TrafficEstimatorService.  actually, the really crucial piece of
information is search traffic volume (competition could be guesstimated),
and imho, given google's monopolistic position in the search engine market,
this information should be provided freely to anyone.  since it isn't, can
we expect to be issued a permanent developer token for such an application
even though there is virtually no relation to any classic adwords-related
tasks?

my second question is about authentification.  since the goal is to
outsource this task, it is essential that users of the tool do not have
access to any adwords credentials or logins/passwords.  this is the main
motivation behind creating this tool.  any kind of authentication with the
api server needs to be done silently and without any user interaction (no
oauth2 login screens etc).  i see that there are several authentication
methods available - how can we best achieve this sort of automated
authentication that we're used to from so many other soap apis out there?

thanks in advance for your help.

kind regards,
-rob k.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.