Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and as the title outlines, I'm a non-technical founder of a
PPC platform. Even though I don't know how to code, I architect the
experience, features and economics of applications for developers to code,
so I do understand how things work, generally.

We've developed a platform to push big data to AdWords, and until now we've
worked with the AdWords Editor to push our data to Google's servers. Now
that our algorithms have been proven to work, we're looking to push data to
AdWords using the API (first we're using this API).

As I'm architecting the roadmap for upcoming features, I need to understand
how the API works for the following cases:

Take for example the following option from the AdWords Editor:

Campaign Settings → Campaign Type → Available dropdown options: etc

↳ Campaign Type (dropdown)

     ↳ Search Network only
         Search Network with Display Select
         Display Network only
         Search & Display Networks
         Shopping
         etc

Questions:

   1. Does the API give the capability to pull the above listed dropdown
   options/variables?

   1. If yes: If Google adds new ones, would they automatically appear as a
      new option/variable in my application?
      2. If not, I would assume the options/variables would need to be
      hardcoded into the application? Do variables change often? Would this
      require monitoring on end?

      2. I listed above the case for the campaign type dropdown
   options/variables -- I would need to pull many more options from different
   areas to in some way, replicate my own version of the AdWords Editor into
   our platform -- does the API provide the capability to pull most?

Hope this is clear, my apologies if I used the wrong terminologies in
certain cases.

Thanks,

Michal

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.