I recall suspended accounts give certain errors on operations, eg. you
cannot create new campaigns. Unfortunately I cannot recall which error that
was.
Anyway, if you know a suspended account right now try creating a new
campaign in it with validateOnly set. Check whether you get errors and
which error.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/42bf0060-4de0-4382-b371-8d66199311b6%40googlegroups.com.