No Competition Google Adwords
------------------------------

I live in a relatively small town and for my business, no other competitors
are using Google Adwords. There is about 3 other competitors all of which
have been around for 10-50 years. They get enough business from word to
mouth and have not done ANY online marketing. I have been using Google
Adwords Express for about a month now and have had amazing results with
increase of business. I am realizing that I need to get away from the
Express and start using the more advanced Google Adwords. If what I
understand is right, I can have way more focused results and save an
immense amount of money.

Due to me having completely no competition for the best keywords for my
business, can I bid $0.01 and put high budget for the day. In theory no
matter what, if the keywords of my choice are searched, my ad should always
be at the top. If $.01 is not allowed, can I bid lower than the "First page
bid estimate" and still show up?

Is this not true? Any feedback appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/9d9fa97c-336f-4e85-9051-c38441857d2b%40googlegroups.com.