Yes, I see.

Sorry, I should have written "create or update", not just "update". But my
proposed solution stays the same.

You should try not adding the "biddingStrategyConfiguration" field when you
create your keywords.

--
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/b9f5793c-f580-413b-8724-b5b7887b7610%40googlegroups.com.