Hi,

If you want to remove the *ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting*, you can submit an
AdGroupService.mutate
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201601/AdGroupService#mutate>
 request
with an operation where the *operator = SET* and  the *operand* (AdGroup
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201601/AdGroupService.AdGroup>)

has:

   - id

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201601/AdGroupService.AdGroup#id>
 =
   your ad group ID
   - settings

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201601/AdGroupService.AdGroup#settings>
 =
   an array *without* the *ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting*

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:41:21 AM UTC-5, Anil wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to uncheck "*Let AdWords automatically find new customers"
> via API? *Sending optIn = false via API set Targeting Optimization to
> Conservative*. *As you mentioned How can we remove
> ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupService.ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting>
>  from
> ad group via API?
>
> *Thanks,*
>

> On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 3:54:45 AM UTC+5:30, Josh Radcliff (AdWords
> API Team) wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> The AdWords API does not have the concept of *ad group type* - that
>> appears to be an AdWords Editor feature. I don't see anything related to ad
>> group type in the AdWords UI either.
>>
>> The *targeting optimization* setting you mentioned is configurable in
>> the AdWords API by adding or removing an ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupService.ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting>
>>  in
>> your *AdGroup* object's settings collection
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupService.AdGroup#settings>.
>>
>> You can further configure the *ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting* by setting
>> its optIn
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupService.ExplorerAutoOptimizerSetting#optIn>
>>  field
>> as follows:
>>
>>    - false -> This is equivalent to *Conservative* targeting in the UI
>>    - true -> This is equivalent to *Aggressive* targeting in the UI
>>    (enabling *Display Campaign Optimizer*)
>>
>> Regarding finding objects in the API that correspond to AdWords UI
>> objects, the API services are organized by object type. For example, if you
>> are looking for attributes that you set on the *Campaigns* tab in the
>> UI, chances are they are on the Campaign object
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/CampaignService.Campaign>
>>  in
>> the CampaignService
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/CampaignService>.
>>
>> Similarly, *Ad groups* tab settings are mostly in the *AdGroupService*.
>>
>> Another good resource is the set of guides we have under Developer's
>> Guide <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/>. These are
>> grouped by Campaign, Ads, Reporting, etc., and each guide will contain
>> links to the relevant services and object types for the features covered in
>> the guide.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Josh, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 5:10:20 AM UTC-5, Nikola Jordanovski
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> so i am given a task to replicate the ad-words editor, and i am having
> [...]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/aa751489-95b4-40db-be06-a61d91ce1117%40googlegroups.com.
  • Re: Ad group type... Anil
    • Re: Ad group... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • Re: Ad g... Anil
        • Re: ... Anil
        • Re: ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • Re: Ad group... Tex Russky
      • Re: Ad g... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • Re: ... Tex Russky
          • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum