Hi,

If you link your AdWords account to your friend's Manager account, he'll
have both read and write access to the account.

I would suggest that you grant read only access by following these
instructions <https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en>. If
both of you are in the same legal entity, you would probably have the same
developer token. If you want to keep the developer tokens separate, your
friend should have a production manager account with a developer token of
his own. He should just authenticate using the Google account that was
granted access to the AdWords account while making API calls, i.e., create
the OAuth 2.0 credentials using the email which was used to grant access.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any issues while using
the AdWords API.

Regards,
Shwetha
AdWords API Team.