Hi Dorian,

Let me check with the relevant team again.
I'll update this thread soon.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:43:11 PM UTC+9, Dorian Kind wrote:

> Hi Thanet,
>
> I'm not sure if that's correct. To me it seems that there's clearly some
> percent-encoding going on:
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wNo6ACqGiCo/VzR58LQ-4UI/AAAAAAAAAgw/zHkDzp3Cb_QPM8w_vhDsps4vxWXhSMIMQCLcB/s1600/escaping.png>
>

> Or am I misunderstanding you?
>

> Thanks & cheers,
>
> Dorian
>

> On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8:03:28 AM UTC+2, Thanet Knack Praneenararat
> (AdWords API Team) wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dorian,
>>
>> For custom parameters, if they're used in a final URL and the final URL
>> is used in tracking template then they're escaped with final URL
>> So the list of escaped char depends on if {lpurl} or {escapedlpurl} is
>> used.
>>
>> If they're used directly in the tracking template, they're not escaped.
>>
>> Best,
>> Thanet, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:55:01 AM UTC+9, Dorian Kind wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Shwetha,
>>>
>>> thanks for your quick reply. I'm afraid the ValueTrack documentation
>>> isn't of much help, though. What I'm observing is that custom parameters
>>> are neither being handled "as per standard URL specifications" (as not
>>> all reserved characters are escaped) nor does the escaping for {lpurl}
>>> apply (as the character { is being percent-encoded, for example).
>>> Actually we're just going to do all URL-encoding on our end so it's not
>>> really relevant, but I'm still curious about what the exact behavior is.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dorian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/53bb01d7-ee41-463d-b457-b8eca7e0c317%40googlegroups.com.
  • Perc... Dorian Kind
    • ... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Dorian Kind
        • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum