We are trying to add support for our app to create campaigns
programmatically for our users.

We are starting with display campaigns with user list targeting.

Creating these and their adgroups and userlistcriterion is all working
great for manual_cpc and cpc bids.

However if we try to make a display campaign with manual_cpm either through
the biddingStrategyType, or the biddingScheme, I get this error:
OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CAMPAIGN_TYPE @
operations[0].operand.biddingStrategyConfiguration.biddingStrategyType;
trigger:'DISPLAY'

This makes sense on one level because the documentation for
biddingStrategyConfiguration here
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201603/AdGroupService.BiddingStrategyConfiguration#biddingstrategysource>

explains that manual_cpm is not an option for display campaigns.
"This field may only be set to the values: MANUAL_CPC, ENHANCED_CPC,
TARGET_ROAS, TARGET_SPEND, TARGET_CPA, NONE for campaign channel type
DISPLAY."

However, the documentation for the adwords editor here
<https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94241?hl=en> says that
cpm bidding is for Display Network only campaigns.
"Manual CPM bidding: Available at the campaign level for Display Network
only campaigns."

So I do not know how to go about this.  I have examples of campaigns that
were made in the adwords ui that I can get with the campaignService.get
that have advertisingChannelType: "DISPLAY" and
biddingStrategyType: "MANUAL_CPM".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cory