Hey Mark,

Thanks! I will get all this information to you on Monday.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM Mark Saniscalchi <
msanis88.adxbuyerapiadvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tejas,
>
> I'm the owner of the Python Client Library, and am taking a look at this
> issue. It's difficult to say for certain whether this is a client or
> server-based issue because the snippet and stacktrace are incomplete, but
> I'm leaning towards this being a server issue or a mixture of both.
> The AdWordsReportBadRequestError is raised when a reportDownloadError is
> detected in the response--this is usually the result of bad input.
>
> The UnicodeDecodeError is a bit of a mystery at the moment, as I can't
> replicate it (also in Python 3) with a data source known to contain utf-8.
> The fact that it seems to be expecting ascii input is telling, and I'm
> wondering if something else in your program would be expecting ascii input?
> It might be the TextIOWrapper, which will default to the system encoding
> (which may be ascii in your case).
>
> In short, I can't specifically point out what went wrong here because I
> don't have the full picture. I need to at least see what the report
> definition contains in order to attempt to reproduce
> theAdWordsReportBadRequestError; it'd also be helpful if I knew what locale
> settings are.
>
> Regards,
> Mark
>
> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 9:18:17 PM UTC-4, Tejas Manohar wrote:
>
>> Hey Shwetha,
>>
>> I've confirmed that this issue is resolved by retrying, but it happens
>> very consistently. Since it's resolved by retrying and I'm using
>> codecs#getreader which knows how to handle Python unicode in both v2 and
>> v3, I really believe this issue is due to malformed data sent back from the
>> API as a result of an error. Let me know what more info I could provide to
>> help. Thanks!
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:56 PM 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via
>> AdWords API Forum <adwor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
> Hi Tejas,
>>>
>>> This issue is related to how Python handles data streams and not
>>> specific to AdWords API. I suggest that you post your query in the AdWords
>>> API Python library repository
>>> <https://github.com/googleads/googleads-python-lib> as they are better
>>> equipped to help you out.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shwetha, AdWords API Team.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>>
>> adwords-api...@googlegroups.com
>>

>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api?hl=en
>>> ---
>>> Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/adwords-api/Jmbqifyr_Ro/unsubscribe.

>>> adwords-api...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/780b5d92-b91a-41d5-9467-246325408472%40googlegroups.com
> [...]
Best regards,

Tejas Manohar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/CAJU0XY7PBGoXAOnjCMyHSP06ruZS7kbbVuWiHLXKSbOZvGrCUQ%40mail.gmail.com.
  • AdWords API Pyt... tejas
    • Re: AdWord... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • Re: AdWord... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • Re: Ad... Tejas Manohar
      • Re: Ad... tejas
        • Re... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... Tejas Manohar
            • ... Mark Saniscalchi
              • ... Tejas Manohar
                • ... Tejas Manohar