Hi Mike,

Looks like you are referring to our python example
<https://github.com/googleads/googleads-python-lib/blob/master/examples/adwords/v201607/campaign_management/add_keywords_using_incremental_batch_job.py>
add keywords using a batch job, which is definitely recommended. Please
find the rest of my answers inline:

Im creating adgroups with in total ~100000 keywords and it takes a lot of
time(sometimes also stucked).
*Could you please provide SOAP XML request and response logs for the job
that you feel got stuck? If not, if you have the batch job ID, that would
help me in debugging the issue.*

1. There a efficient way to create this batch jobs?
*The recommended way to create a batch job is explained in our Batch
Processing Guide
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/batch-jobs#create_a_batch_job>.

Although the process is explained in Java, the same guidelines are referred
to when creating the Python library examples. *

2. There is a limit of operations?
*You may see a RateExceededError
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/common-errors#RateExceededError.RATE_EXCEEDED>
 if
you perform more than 10,000 operations in a day. Please refer to our Rate
Sheet <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/ratesheet> to
understand what counts as an operation. In this case, the only way to
increase the operational limit for your account would be to apply for
a Standard Access
<https://www.google.com/appserve/fb/forms/standardaccess/>. You can,
however, also see this error if you send too many requests to the API in a
short amount of time (few minutes for example). This usually happens if you
do not group your operations into a batch job
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/batch-jobs> and
instead prefer to send one operation with each API request. This rate limit
is in place to stop malicious software from crashing our servers. Rate
limits
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits> (not to
be confused with System Limits
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/limits>) are
transient and expire after a period of time.The retryAfterSeconds
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits#decomposing_rateexceedederror>
 property
of the RateExceededError would tell you the appropriate time interval after
which it is safe to retry. Also, there are no penalties associated with
hitting the rate limit.*

3. How can we improve it(best practices)?
*You can find a list of best practices for batch jobs here
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/batch-jobs#best_practices>.*

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/c2e541d1-b9f7-4dc8-8491-2bee3e35f38d%40googlegroups.com.