Hi Mike!

I just checked and it seems the job completed at some point over the
weekend. It was however stuck at 100,000 ops for at least 40 minutes (which
is the longest we'll poll for), and most healthy jobs of the same size
don't seem to do this.

So we're good on our end for now, but it's not the last time we're doing
this and we'd love guidance on avoiding this problem. Splitting the job is
feasible but would require considerable refactoring, so we'd do it only if
it's a very good chance it'll fix the problem.

Thanks you so much for your assistance!
- Adrian.

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:51:47 AM UTC-5, Michael Cloonan (AdWords
API Team) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've passed along the ID you gave, and the team will check whether that's
> the same issue as the previous one you encountered.
>
> I believe that you may be able to reduce risk of this occurring by
> splitting jobs into multiple smaller batches, but I am confirming with the
> team about whether or not that will actually help, and if there are any
> other actions you can take to minimize the chances.
>
> Regards,
> Mike, AdWords API Team
>
> On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 5:14:50 PM UTC-4, Adrian Ghizaru wrote:
>>
>> Thank you so much, we've been able to upload all batches... except the
>> last one (job id 397817899). It seems to be stuck at 100,000 ops executed.
>>
>> Could you please give us a hint as to what edge case we're tripping?
>> Given that it's happened on 3 separate occasions, it's probably worth it
>> for us to invest some effort in avoiding this case in our scripts.
>>
>> Cheers, and apologies for pestering you!
>> - Adrian.
>>
>> On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 8:28:59 AM UTC-4, Michael Cloonan (AdWords
>> API Team) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We have cleared out the current queue of stalled jobs for your account,
>>> and have generated download URLs for those jobs so you can fetch results
>>> for each one.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if this issue recurs while we're working on fixing
>>> the underlying problem.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/fe09a84a-c213-4533-bfc6-10218f495d2f%40googlegroups.com.
  • Stalling batch ... Adrian Ghizaru
    • Re: Stalli... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • Re: St... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • Re... Adrian Ghizaru
          • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Adrian Ghizaru