Hi,

First of all, kudos to you for looking through the services so carefully! :)

You're absolutely correct that there's an inconsistency here -- I'll follow
up to see if we can fix this, although for compatibility reasons, any fix
will be in a future version of the API. We avoid changing WSDLs for
existing versions, since that can cause issues for users of the AdWords API.

The good news is that the *DateRange* elements on Selectors
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201609/CampaignService.Selector#daterange>
 are
left over from the days *long long* ago where AdWords API services returned
reporting stats. Now that reporting stats are retrieved via reports
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/reporting> instead,
the *DateRange* element is ignored by all services except reporting (see
the *Note:* on Selector.dateRange
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201609/CampaignService.Selector#daterange>),

so you should not set that attribute of your *Selector* when making
non-reporting calls.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/eae7d731-4af7-41d6-8d55-01403fa0ecad%40googlegroups.com.