Hi all!

The company that I work for manage several very large accounts that we
continue to expand.

We have it the ad group targeting items per account limit (5,000,000)
through our keyword expansion efforts and would like to preemptively
predict this next time.

I want to know in detail what entities contribute to which limits. We
initially assumed it might be any non removed adgroup criteria but when
querying the adgroup criterion service we'd sometimes get total number of
entries greater than the limits.

We also tried just keywords, placements and audience lists (
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372658?hl=en-GB) and this also
returned totals greater than the limit.

It also doesn't state if negative variants of entities contribute to
something like the ad group targeting items limit.

Do active ads/keywords in deleted adgroups/campaigns contribute to this
limit too?

I have been messing around with the AdGroupCriterionService (we have a
mainly python codebase) and found that we can get totals quickly using by
setting start index and number of results to 0, giving us access
to totalNumEntries.

Anyone found a better way of doing this other than having a snapshot of the
account structure locally?

Lots of questions in the above I know but I haven't had any success trying
to retrieve this info from the support team so have resorted to posting
here :-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/33550de3-77a0-4f2d-9146-d5f6aa83fe79%40googlegroups.com.