I am a noob and only want to check keyword volumes, am i in the right
place? I have been going through guides all day trying to set up php and
its tricky.

My end goal is to check lists of 10,000 keywords and get volumes, is this
the right place?

Why do so many forms and things ask about my company, or app, tool, etc?
 Do only people paying large amounts get access to KW volumes API?

Sorry, for the questions, not sure what to do next, i followed all the way
to the end
of https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/first-api-call and
got QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED, however i put in test
coupon  (i also signed up for basic one too(not sure what the difference
is))

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/2948a5b6-2b04-4e9a-8c2e-55ca079caa4f%40googlegroups.com.